I don’t know about you, but I have no intention of aging gracefully. As I slip and slide ever closer to the big 6-0, this quote has become my mantra:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S. Thompson
But in order to arrive in such an irreverent fashion, we must do our best to be our best!
Check out September’s Active Aging newsletter!
When ‘I’ is replaced by ‘We’, even illness becomes wellness.
Professional coaches have long been recognized for their skills in helping athletes and executives perform at their best. Now, professional wellness coaches are helping people reach their best health and well- being. So exactly how does a wellness coach help you? A wellness coach:
- is non-judgmental and meets you where you are right now
- empowers you to take charge
- guides you in doing the mindful thinking and doing work that builds confidence
- helps you define a higher purpose for wellness and uncover your natural impulse to be well
- encourages you tap into your innate fighting spirit
- addresses mental and physical health as your partner
- helps you create a personal wellness vision
- works with you to set realistic goals; small victories lay the foundation for self-efficacy
- helps you identify and harness the strengths you need to overcome obstacles
- encourages you to view obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow
- serves as a positive and motivational member of your support team
- inspires and challenges you to go beyond what you would do alone
Continue reading “What is Wellness Coaching?”