When ‘I’ is replaced by ‘We’, even illness becomes wellness.
Professional coaches have long been recognized for their skills in helping athletes and executives perform at their best. Now, professional wellness coaches are helping people reach their best health and well- being. So exactly how does a wellness coach help you? A wellness coach:
- is non-judgmental and meets you where you are right now
- empowers you to take charge
- guides you in doing the mindful thinking and doing work that builds confidence
- helps you define a higher purpose for wellness and uncover your natural impulse to be well
- encourages you tap into your innate fighting spirit
- addresses mental and physical health as your partner
- helps you create a personal wellness vision
- works with you to set realistic goals; small victories lay the foundation for self-efficacy
- helps you identify and harness the strengths you need to overcome obstacles
- encourages you to view obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow
- serves as a positive and motivational member of your support team
- inspires and challenges you to go beyond what you would do alone
Certified health and wellness coaches are taught to apply core competencies of coaching psychology drawn from evidence-based behavioral psychology, counseling, motivational interviewing, positive psychology, adult learning theory, and solution-oriented therapy. We help clients identify the areas in their lives that they want to change or improve and help them create a plan to get there. We then provide structure, accountability, expertise and inspiration to enable clients to grow, increase self-awareness, commitment and confidence beyond what they can achieve on their own.
If you really want to make improvements in your health, but somehow always seem to fall short in achieving your goals, a wellness coach could be a game changer for you!